Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another trip to the N.C. Zoo and of course there are two cameras around my neck.


The Lions were taking a Royal nap in the sun...


the Elephants were strolling about and mostly eating


and the absolutely beautiful Ocelot granted my wish for a picture.


But this...this was really exciting and it was not in a cage. This is a Blue-headed Virio and I've never seen one before (at least that I know of). This small bird winters down in Florida, summers in the north ( and some in our higher N.C. mountains) and only migrates through our part of North Carolina. Yet, here it was and it paused just long enough for me to capture this image. Although we go to our Zoo to see animals (and plants) not native to our state this is a good example of why we should also keep our eyes open as we stroll around. Who knows what else we might see.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment